- Contact me! Please!
- Duppy and Other Jamaican Poems Written in Patois
- Home: Gabrielle Burns – My mask
- Information pAge
- Mask and Other Poems
- Novel Ideas
- Other Voices
- Raising her Voice and Other Poems About Women
- The Gabrielle Burns Anthologies
- The Gift and Other Stories for Children
- Trying Times and Other Stories
- Wanna hear my voice?
- When GOD created JAMAICA, He was just showing off!
January 2019 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
And so say all of us…
And in other news…
Tag Archives: rebirth
Just stay the course, we chant to ourselves, keeping pace on our journey begun so long ago. To walk the path to certain damnation, knowingly, for twenty-two, too short, long years, requires courage untold. To ignore the gratuitous din, the tempting promise … Continue reading
I touch my finger to the flame, confronting searing heat and rending pain; a splintered soul trying to heal itself. Molten lava, difficult to hold, charred hands, the lesser of two evils. To break a dam, or to lose one’s … Continue reading
I dip my finger into a pool. The acid burn on my skin belies the cold, inviting my tears, puts out the fire in my heart and offers balm to my pain. Droplets of sulphuric acid deface my eyes see … Continue reading