- Contact me! Please!
- Duppy and Other Jamaican Poems Written in Patois
- Home: Gabrielle Burns – My mask
- Information pAge
- Mask and Other Poems
- Novel Ideas
- Other Voices
- Raising her Voice and Other Poems About Women
- The Gabrielle Burns Anthologies
- The Gift and Other Stories for Children
- Trying Times and Other Stories
- Wanna hear my voice?
- When GOD created JAMAICA, He was just showing off!
July 2019 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
And so say all of us…
And in other news…
Author Archives: Webmaster
I dip my finger into a pool. The acid burn on my skin belies the cold, inviting my tears, puts out the fire in my heart and offers balm to my pain. Droplets of sulphuric acid deface my eyes see … Continue reading
Why do you weep, my friend? Don’t you know that all green leaves would die were it not for the scorching sun, and the beating rain? Would sweet music assail your ear if your violin string were slack, or if … Continue reading
I have lived many lives, developing identities contrary to my own, anticipating starters’ pistols, wasting time. So though you see what I have wrought do not take this for truth. It is as yet a mask.