My hands stroke your body,
Skin on skin, I learn who you are.
I heal the breach between us,
and make us one.
I give life to a new union,
two souls, dancing together.
My hands feel the firm flesh
that covers your nakedness.
Confident only in your beauty
You allow me to see you at last.
My hands uncover your being,
ensuring that you stand before me
vulnerable in your innocence.
My hands elicit responses that you
do not deign to give; but helpless as you are
you must surrender your false pride.
My hands tear you down, and build you up again.
They soothe and stretch and knead.
My hands stroke you.
My hands are loving and dangerous,
creative and injurious.
My hands will do no harm to you; so
fear not to fall into them, my Love.
They are only one route into my arms;
one way into my heart.
I can see you through my hands,
your beauty as no eyes have perceived.
Through one stroke,
I have come to know you.
- Contact me! Please!
- Duppy and Other Jamaican Poems Written in Patois
- Home: Gabrielle Burns – My mask
- Information pAge
- Mask and Other Poems
- Novel Ideas
- Other Voices
- Raising her Voice and Other Poems About Women
- The Gabrielle Burns Anthologies
- The Gift and Other Stories for Children
- Trying Times and Other Stories
- Wanna hear my voice?
- When GOD created JAMAICA, He was just showing off!
And so say all of us…
And in other news…