I suppose you’ve figured it out by now; today was a hard one for me.
So, I’ve reached for these poems, and for you, for solace.
I tried to write something about a girl on the train ride home tonight,
but the words didn’t come. I really like the imagery, so it may do tomorrow.
She played with her reflection in the window, amusing us both.
You should be proud of me, Sor! My thoughts prove I’m reclaiming my resilience.
I smile at that epiphany.
Trauma acknowledged, denied, ignored.
Innocence reasserted. Ironic growth achieved.
- Contact me! Please!
- Duppy and Other Jamaican Poems Written in Patois
- Home: Gabrielle Burns – My mask
- Information pAge
- Mask and Other Poems
- Novel Ideas
- Other Voices
- Raising her Voice and Other Poems About Women
- The Gabrielle Burns Anthologies
- The Gift and Other Stories for Children
- Trying Times and Other Stories
- Wanna hear my voice?
- When GOD created JAMAICA, He was just showing off!
And so say all of us…
And in other news…