I touch my finger to the flame,
confronting searing heat and rending pain;
a splintered soul trying to heal itself.
Molten lava, difficult to hold,
charred hands, the lesser of two evils.
To break a dam, or to lose one’s mind;
what choice is that? I have none at all, for
Shadows lurk and embers simmer still.
- Contact me! Please!
- Duppy and Other Jamaican Poems Written in Patois
- Home: Gabrielle Burns – My mask
- Information pAge
- Mask and Other Poems
- Novel Ideas
- Other Voices
- Raising her Voice and Other Poems About Women
- The Gabrielle Burns Anthologies
- The Gift and Other Stories for Children
- Trying Times and Other Stories
- Wanna hear my voice?
- When GOD created JAMAICA, He was just showing off!
And so say all of us…
And in other news…